Japanese Pop-up Dinner w/Chef Mamie Nishide
Enjoy an authentic traditional Japanese meal with Chef Mamie Nishide of Japanese Cooking Studio! Chef Nishide will prepare a full meal for you with vegetarian options. Menu will include a variety of traditional and modern Japanese dishes. You can choose either a 3-course ($55) or 5-course ($75) option when you arrived. Tax and gratuity not included.
RESERVATIONS required –> CLICK HERE
Japanese Cooking Studio was founded by Mamie Nishide over 16 years ago.
Born and raised in Japan, Mamie came to the States to study business at Baruch College in New York City. It did not take long for Mamie to miss the authentic cuisine of her native Japan. Sushi, tempura, tofu and beautiful Japanese desserts became her new mission. After graduation from business school and a brief career on Wall Street, Mamie abandoned corporate life for her culinary passion. Finishing a Culinary Arts degree from the Institute of Culinary Education (Peter Kump), she then continued her training at the test kitchen for Country Living Magazine in NYC and Le Bernardin as well as restaurants such as Nobu and Star Boggs. Mamie now teaches at the INSTITUTE FOR CULINARY EDUCATION, the Natural Gourmet Institute and other cooking schools. She was a finalist on “Sweet Genius, Food Network TV” and her work was featured in Brides Magazine. In addition, she runs private cooking parties and gives at-home culinary lessons, and also caters to your special occasions. Mamie was also a sous chef at Annemarie’s Dining Room (Annemarie Huste is a former private chef to Jackie Kennedy) in NYC and a catering chef to Star Boggs in Westhampton Beach. Mamie works as a free-lance food stylist and her work can be found in magazines, advertisements and cook books. Her sweets was featured in Brides Magazine and talked about by Ladies’ Home Journal, Gluten-Free Living Magazine, LIVING WITHOUT magazine and BizBash . Her Ramen recipe is featured in Fine Cooking magazine, Feb/March 2018.
Sample menu (subject to change)
- Spinach served with Bonito Flake and Soy Dashi
- Agedashi Tofu (Fried tofu served with dashi, grated daikon, ginger and scallion
- Gyoza served with mustard vinegar dipping sauce
- Chawanmushi (Savory egg custard with shiitake, chicken, snow pea
- Braized Eggplant served with grated ginger and scallion
- Shiraae (creamy tofu mixed with dried shiitake, carrots, string beans, konnyaku (or spinach) seasoned with sesame and miso
- String beans with peanut dressing
Sashimi: Tuna and Salmon Sashimi served with Wasabi and Soy Sauce
Main Course: Served with rice and miso soup
- White Miso Marinated Grilled Fish
- Tonkatsu (pork katsu) served with thinly sliced cabbage
- Chicken Tatsutaage (soy ginger marinated fried chicken)
- Chirashi Sushi (assorted sashimi over sushi rice)
- Chirashi Sushi (vegetarian) Shiitake, carrot, snow pea mixed with sushi rice and top with thinly sliced egg crepe
- Steak served with ponzu and grated daikon
- Hojicha panna cotta served with soy caramel sauce
- Sesame crepe filled with Matcha whipped cream and fruits
- Coffee Jelly served with cream and syrup